For times when you feel you need support beyond our service, discover these other local groups that can offer you help:
Free Pet Loss Support Group
Our licensed pet loss and grief counselor, Leigh Ann Gerk, offers individual & family counseling and facilitates 3 free pet loss support groups.
- The first group meets the first Saturday of every month from 10:00-11:30 am at the CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital, 300 West Drake Road in Fort Collins, CO.
- The second group, a call-in group, meets the second Thursday of each month from 6:30-8 pm MST. Please call 1-425-436-6350. When prompted enter access code 880072.
- The third group meets the third Saturday of every month from 10:30 am–12 pm. Located at the Community Grief Center, 4650 W. 20th St. in Greeley, CO.
Please note that groups will not be meeting on major holidays or during inclement weather. For updated information, or to book an individual session please call Leigh Ann at 970-966-4585 or visit her website at MourningToLightPetLoss.com
Leigh Ann has published an international award-winning children’s book about pet loss and grief called “Dear Brave Friend,” and is available on Amazon. Click this link to purchase this book for yourself or a loved one.
Counseling Fort Collins Area
Pet Loss Support Group 970-224-5674
Barbara-Beach@hotmail.com (meets multiple times a month and is facilitated by Barbara Beach, LPC, NCC)
Many articles and referral resources on their newly designed Pet Parent Referral Website. Learn more.
Center for Loss and Life Transition 970-226-6050
Argus Institute at CSU Veterinary Medical Center 970-297-1242
Winds of Change Psychological Services 970-267-3035
Larimer County Suicide Resource 970-221-2114
(crisis intervention hotline)
We are currently looking for individual counselors for Greeley
Weld County Suicide Resource 970-347-2120
Gentle Psychotherapy 720-352-0930
Aspen Meadow Pet Loss Support Group 303-678-8844 (Longmont)
Cheri Travis, MAEd, CAC II, LPC
Pet Loss Support Groups 191 Uma Street 303-318-0447
(This is a walk-in group that is free of charge. It meets every Thursday from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Colorado Veterinary Medical Foundation / Harrison Center for Animals – East Entrance).
3550 South Jason Street 303-874-7387.
(This is a walk-in group that is free of charge and meets every second and fourth Monday from 6-7:30 pm. Contact is Stephanie Erkfitz, MSW)
Heart to Heart Healing
Shelley Sheets 720-270-0126
www.hearttoheartdenver.com, Denver/Lakewood areas
Individual Pet Grief Counseling
- Susan Anschuetz, MA, 303-860-9228
- Kay Gilchrist, LCSW, 303-995-2311
- Ann Johnson, LCSW, 303-861-5699
- Meredith Ringler-White, Psy.D., 970-845-0203
- Denver County Suicide Resource 303-436-4100