Hi world, my name is Clara (aka “The Wienus”) and on September 21, 2015 I got to go home to heaven. It was my time. My moms and my sisters, Chiquita and Lucy, will all be missing me terribly. But, they know – and I want you to know – that I had a wonderful life full of love, fun, and adventure! In my 17 years, I got to live in North Carolina and Colorado. I loved the ocean and the mountains. I chased waves and plenty of squirrels; thankfully for my family, I caught none. I was also a champion, and now a case study for my doctors; I beat cancer twice and overcame heart failure. My life was good!
When you live as long as I did, you learn a lot of important things. Here are my top tips for making it the best life you can have and some reminders I’m leaving for my loved ones.
Clara’s Tips for a Great Life
- Home-cooked meals with your family are the best.Nothing out of a bag will ever compare.
- You are never too old to love.
- Get the very best doctors you can find and don’tbe afraid to get a second opinion.
- Look for your ray of sunshine and bask in it!
- A little wine is a good thing. And, apparently,
a little whine is not a good thing.
- Be courageous, fierce, and don’t be afraid totake risks. Someday, you just might catch that squirrel.
- Show love. A good snuggle will heal all wounds.
- Only brush the teeth you want to keep.(thanks to Gene Lewis for telling me that!)
- All dogs go to heaven.