6/7/2005 – 3/12/2016
“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk in my garden forever.” Alfred Tennyson
Pennan was four weeks old when we first met her and joined our family at eight weeks old. For the next ten years and 8 months she gave us pure and unconditional love. When unexpectedly diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma on 3/11/2016 – we knew it was our turn to show her the unconditional love she so graciously gave us – and – on 3/12/2016 we let her go to no longer be held by the cancer that was ravaging her body.
10 Facts about Pennan:
1. She was afraid of the wind (we once lived in Omaha — n’uff said)
2. She was THE best counter-surfer in the world, claiming upon occasion, an Easter Ham, a few sirloin steaks, and a few roasts.
3. She would stand in front of the oven and watch peanut butter cookies bake
4. Her favorite Holiday was Easter when she and her sister, Maggy, ran around the yard opening easter eggs filled with treats
5. She loved to swim in mountain lakes
6. Her favorite hike was Boreass Pass Trail in Breckenridge Colorado – where she once ran into a bear!
7. She strategically parked herself, at every meal, between our small kids
8. She loved watching the rain
9. She loved to burry herself in the snow
10. She was the centerpiece of our family — our first child – and while we miss her – her memory to us is eternal…