Yesterday we lost our beloved Scooby, a black Newfoundland/Labrador mix. Scooby had a rough beginning. His owners got divorced and left him in the care of our local kennel. That’s where we found Scooby ~8 years ago – we think Scooby was about 2 years old when we adopted him. Scooby was such an amazing addition to our family, and he will be sorely missed. Here are some of the many things we will remember about Scooby:
1. A very gentle and soft soul. Scooby hated it when anyone in the family was sad. He would jump in our tub if he sensed conflict.
2. A sock addiction. Scooby would often have up to 5 pairs of socks in his mouth at a time.
3. A big slob – loved to break into the trashcan for some snacks!
4. He loved Grammy Jackie (video attached).
5. He loved playing with his best friend, our other dog Freddy. The morning ritual was for both dogs to be let outside at the same time. Shortly after walking outside Freddy would invariably lift his leg and pee on Scooby, who clearly had not problem with it!
6. He loved our children Molly, Max and Mason, and would often follow them around (usually with socks in his mouth).
Goodbye dear friend.