With unfamiliar and trying times for everyone, especially in the midst of potentially losing a beloved friend, we are here for you and your families as we have always been. Our veterinarians will continue to serve in-home appointments as long as we can safely assist without increasing the spread of this virus . The goal of taking added precautions is to help stop the spread of this virus, while still helping the families in need of our services.
With “stay at home” and social distancing measures in place in our service areas, we ask that clients and families follow these guidelines and requests when our veterinarians visit your home:
Before our veterinarian arrives:
- Clear and honest communication about the in-home conditions must be conveyed to our team members . We must respect quarantines and cannot serve homes under the required quarantine.
- Please routinely wash your hands and disinfect common areas of touch such as door handles and surfaces in the room your pet is located.
- If the weather allows, outdoor appointments may prove to be safer for all individuals involved with the appointment. We may kindly suggest that the appointment take place in your pet’s favorite spot in the backyard or outside, if that is at all possible.
- Please remember to contact our team If conditions within your home environment change prior to your scheduled appointment.
When our veterinarian arrives:
- We will begin the appointment with a phone call from our veterinarian when they arrive at your home. The point of this is so our veterinarian can call from their vehicle to initiate the conversation and let you that we have arrived
- If able, please help with opening the doors, being mindful to wash your hands and to cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze.
- As much as our veterinarians appreciate handshakes and hugs, we are refraining from both at this time.
- We do understand your want to help our veterinarians during this time. We respectfully request that you wait for instruction on any assistance that they might use from you during the appointment.
As our veterinarian leaves:
- We politely ask that all personal blankets, bedding and beds remain at your home at this time.
Large Pet Considerations:
If your pet weighs more than 120 pounds, although our veterinarians will be able to serve the medical needs of your pet, we will not be able to provide direct after care. We will provide information for one of our cremation services partners who will be able to coordinate transport after the appointment.
Unfortunately we will need to limit people that attend the appointment to only those who live in the home. We know and understand that saying goodbye to a pet often can involve extended family, friends, and neighbors but please help protect our veterinarians right now. Limiting outside guests decreases the exposure from outside sources so please do not gather at the time of the appointment but plan accordingly before the appointment.
In order to help prevent the transmission of this highly contagious virus, our veterinarians will prepare consent and transaction forms and ask clients to verbally and/or digitally approve the appointment. Upon our arrival to your scheduled appointment, the veterinarian will snap a picture and text or email it with a request to send a reply text indicating approval. If text messaging or email is not possible, the veterinarian will prepare the forms and ask the client to sign with their own pen. Cash and checks are not to be accepted at this time to lessen the potential spread of this virus.
The AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) has compiled an informative list of FAQ’s for pet owners in regards to the current COVID-19 spread. Stay healthy and safe everyone and know that there are others that care and are here to help the best that we can.